There are several factors that make up a beautiful skin: that it is smooth, hydrated, uniform and illuminated skin … Sun exposure and ageing are two of the main enemies of our skin, because as we age it loses collagen , elasticity and its ability to regenerate easily decreases.
At KŌNSE Beauty we have already spoken about some of the skin problems that affect more people, such as blackheads, and today we are going to talk about sun spots/acne scars and how to combat them with natural remedies.
The sun spots/acne scars on the skin are the reflection of the distribution of melanin and melanocytes. Melanin protects us from the sun’s rays, the more we are exposed to the sun the more we produce, here we recommend the best sunscreens for 2021.
There are many types of sun spots/acne scars on the skin: freckles, moles, simple or solar lentigo, the dreaded melanomas … Apart from sunlight, hormonal changes and genetics also influence the appearance of these, and time can alter the tone of some areas of our skin, producing what is known as “age spots“.
DYI Remedies to reduce age spots
The good news regarding age spots is that there are several natural remedies that can be very effective in reducing them.
We recommend that you visit a dermatologist if you notice something strange on your skin to prevent major problems, but if you are sure that those spots are simply an aesthetic problem, you can find some simple solutions to reduce them here.
- Lemon: high in antioxidants, apart from being a good ally in the fight against blemishes, it can also be very useful to fight acne. The best option is to dilute the lemon juice in a little water and apply it to the skin or the areas you want to treat for twenty minutes. Afterwards, rinse with plenty of water. This step should only be done at night or when you are not going to expose yourself to the sun, otherwise it could produce the opposite effect and create even more spots.
- Castor Oil: The fatty acids in castor oil are great for fighting skin blemishes because they penetrate to the deepest layers and facilitate the creation of new cells. It is as simple as applying a few drops of this magical oil on your age spots and letting it absorb completely. It is recommended that you do it both day and night.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has disinfectant, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. It works wonders to fight acne, but the sulfur it contains is also very effective against blemishes. Like lemon, this ingredient should be diluted in water (3 parts water to 1 vinegar) and applied only at night. For first comers, apply it only for five minutes, to test the reaction of your skin and avoid irritation. As your skin gets used to it, you can extend the exposure time and the amount of vinegar in the mixture.
- Olive oil: natural antioxidant and moisturizer, olive oil favours the regeneration of cells and that is why it is a great ally against skin blemishes. Be careful with applying too much, especially on oily skin, as saturating the skin with oil can cause acne and other problems. Apply a drop and massage the area with spots, especially at night. You can also combine it with a few drops of lemon to increase its exfoliating properties.
If you prefer skincare products that are respectful of your skin and contain natural ingredients, these are the alternatives.
- Alex Carro Illuminating Matrix: In addition to being highly effective against blemishes, this product helps revitalize the skin from within. Containing 5% natural fruit acids, its smoothing and rejuvenating effect renews skin texture and reduces uneven tone and dark spots.
- Nuori Infinity Bio-Fusion Serum: This serum will renew your skin and fight against signs of aging, including blemishes. Smoothes the texture, reduces wrinkles and fine lines, and reduces blemishes while firming the skin. It can be used both day and night, because none of its ingredients are photosensitive.
- Nuori Vital Facial Cream: a light cream containing fragmented hyaluronic acid, vegetable squalene, jojoba and sweet almond oils, shea butter and vitamins C and E. A beauty bomb for the skin because it deeply hydrates it, has many antioxidant properties , and helps fight and prevent both wrinkles and spots and other signs of aging.
- Niacinamide: we already talked about the benefits of Niacinamide (or vitamin B3) on the skin in this article. It is a spectacular ally to fight against spots and uneven tones: it not only works darkest spots, but also reduces redness and the general inflammation of the skin caused by acne and rosacea. We recommend that you try Merme’s Niacinamide Powder if you want to test the results on your own skin… You will be surprised.
- Wisdom Cares Cleansing Oil: Can you cleanse your skin while helping to nourish it and improve its appearance? With this cleansing oil, yes. The six vegetable oils it contains help to eliminate any type of impurities, keeping the skin clean, hydrated and super soft. Best of all, it is suitable for any skin type.
- Grown Alchemist Regenerating Cream: a night cream that makes you wake up the next day with more radiant skin than the day before. Its formula contains rutin, which has a powerful anti-blemish effect, and its high concentration of Omega 7 softens even scars and stretch marks. In addition, it promotes smoother and more radiant skin and also fights wrinkles while balancing sebum production.